I consider my morning skincare and makeup routine like a small 15 minute treat for myself because it’s time that I have to think and mentally prepare for the rest of the day. I love to take my time with each step and make myself feel as if I were at a spa. This is how I make a routine fun and enjoyable!
My Mom has always taught me the importance of skincare and the enormous benefits that your skin will reap when you’re older, if you devote proper time and care.
I had the opportunity of working with Nordstrom Beauty Spot to update a few things of my morning routine. Click here for Nordstrom Beauty Spot Products! … Enjoy!
Below is a step-by-step guide and video on what I do on a typical morning when it comes to my skincare and makeup routine. A few things change, such as lip color and bronzer, but for the most part, it stays the same.
Step 1: I like to start with the Ibuki skincare line from Shiseido. I bought the starter set for $25, which gave me two weeks worth of product so I can test out the line to see if it would be right for me. This skincare line is supposed to help your skin build resistance towards everyday stress such as lack of sleep, diet, stress, pollution, and more.
- I dampen my face with water before I begin. I take the ‘Gentle Cleanser’ and wash my face for about 1 minute using small circular motions.
- Next I take the ‘Softening Concentrate Lotion’ and apply some directly to the palm of my hand. I don’t recommend using a cotton ball because it tends to absorb a lot of the product. It’s thick enough to use from palm to face.
- I skip the ‘Refining Moisturizer’ because I prefer using Lancôme’s Renergie Lift Multi-Action lifting and firming cream (it contains SPF 15).
Step 2: Foundation. I got two shades darker since I came back from vacation so I had to go out and buy a new foundation. A lot of the ones I have tend to make me look ghostly and pale. I gave Clinique a try because they have a “Stay Matte Oil-Free” one that caught my attention. It’s easy to blend and can provide buildable coverage.
Step 3: Concealer: I conceal and brighten up my face with Bobbi Brown warm natural creamy concealer.
Step 4: Powder. I set my foundation and concealer with Clinique’s blended face powder in “transparency neutral” using the Nordstrom face & body brush.
Step 5: Eyebrows. I’ve had this brunette powder duo from Anastasia Beverly Hills for a long time. I fill in my brows using an angled brush. I prefer powder to fill my brows because they look more natural.
Step 6: Eyes. I skip eye primer when I use the Bobbi Brown concealer on my eyelid because it’s quite sticky and holds shadow pretty well.
- I take a matte soft brown shadow and apply it on to the crease for depth and contour using a small tapered eye shadow brush.
- Next, I take a vanilla highlight with shimmer. I apply that right underneath my eyebrows and on my tear ducts. This is going to reflect light and contrast against the crease color.
- I then line my top lash line using Bobbi Brown’s cream liner with a bent brush for precision.
- For mascara I use Diorshow Blackout because the pigmentation is intense. I just make sure to wipe the excess off on a napkin to avoid clumps and build up.
Step 7: Next I apply bronzer from the Nordstrom makeup palette on the hallow parts of my cheeks and add a highlight right above on the cheekbone.
Step 8: Lips. Last but not least I apply lipstick and top it off with lip-gloss. This is the one step that changes everyday depending on my mood.
The list of products used:
Watch the video!