What I Wore:
Top| Forever 21:: Shorts| Unknown:: Handbag| Louis Vuitton Speedy 30:: Shoes|Tory Burch:: Necklace|Charming Charlie
Hey guys! As requested, I DIY’d the centerpieces I handmade for my sister Cynthia’s baby-shower. I was very surprised as to how cute they came out and everyone loved them too! They’re simple yet elegant and are great for any outdoor babyshower or you can substitute the fabric with lace for a wedding! If you guys get a chance to make these for any occasion or just home decor I would love to see them! #DulceCandy on Instgram <3 Happy Crafting!
1| Flowers- You can get these at the Flower Mart in Downtown LA for a great deal or you can visit your local dollar store.
3| Natural Fabric- You can also substitute this material with lace for a wedding appropriate centerpiece.
4| Glass Vase
6| Fabric scissors
7| Flower tape (Can be found on-line or at your local craft store)
9| Hot glue gun + glue sticks
Tags where made out of a sheet of cork paper. I went on-line and printed out a templete, then traced it and cut it. The quote printed on is from a stamp I found at Mitchael’s.
Today my family and I had an amazing day! It started out with Izek waking up at 7 AM. My amazing husband went over to his room to get him ready for breakfast while he let me sleep in till about 9:30 AM! We then just hung out, I worked on few things while Izek played with his ‘guys’ (toys) while Jesse picked up the Kitchen.
I was about to start filming a new video around 11 AM, but we thought a better way to spend our Saturday was enjoying each others company, especially since Izek is in school full time now (summer camp). As we were walking out the door Jesse and Izek found a baby bird that seemed to be hurt, so we called the Wildlife Rehab Center for advice hoping they would take him/her in (by the way, THANK YOU to all of you who gave us tips and info on how to care for the birdie). They sadly said they couldn’t take it in so we took a visit to our local bird store and bought him a cute little cage so we can nurse it back to health and get him ready to be on his own again. Right now he seems to be pretty happy and less stressed. He’s sleeping in our room right now since it’s dark in there and I also read that the dark reduces the stress levels. FYI: We did leave him/her outside for roughly 45 minutes to see if the Mom was around, but no one ever showed up. We are calling a few more rehab centers on Monday hoping they can take it in for proper care.
We then had an early dinner and went to Walgreen’s before heading back home. I LOVED today. It was perfect. I’m just feeling so happy and grateful with my life right now. I love my family more than anything and I thank God every day for blessing me with their presence. How can I be in a bad mood if I have them? That would be time wasted and I no longer choose to waste my time being upset like I use to be all the time for no reason. Anyway, I wore this super bright and colorful summer appropriate outfit today to match my mood!
How did you guys spend your Saturday? I would love to know! Thank you for sharing! XO
Cardigan:: Forever21// Romper:: Random Boutique// Shoes:: Tory Burch (LOVE!)// Handbag:: Lodis// Leo Bracelets:: Charming Charlie// Pink Bracelet:: J. Crew
Rompers to love!
Hola amigas! Estoy realmente emocianada por todos sus comentarios buenos acerca de mis videos en Español. Eso me motiva a ser mas videos para todas ustedes chickas que me lo an pedido. Este look es perfecto para una noche de fiesta! Si les gusto este look me gustaria que lo traten y me envien la foto por Instagram usando #DulceCandy. Besos!
Like requested and promised, I wrote down all of the instructions in English.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. First step is to apply an illuminating eye primer all over the lid space and on the lower lash line.
2. Now I’m going to fill in my eyebrows with a cream formula to make sure they’re nice and full with a decent shape.
3. With a small pencil brush, I’m going to begin to slightly cut the crease. I’m doing this step very carefully because you can a clean edge to define a new crease. I chose to go a few mm below my natural crease because I have a lot of lid space and I didn’t want t overwhelm it with glitter.
4. Taking a blending brush, I’m going to apply a soft brown eyeshadow color on the brow bone. Make sure it’s well blended with the crease you created.
5. With a flat shader brush, I’m going to take a shimmery gold tone shadow and I’m going to apply it on the lid below the new crease. This is going to serve as the backdrop for the glitter.
6. After that, I’m going to mix my glitter spray and glitter together to form a paste which will then be applied with my FAVORITE MUFE brush #224 on the lid. Apply it carefully and avoid passing the crease. You want to keep everything below that line.
7. Now I’m going to apply liquid eyeliner and wing it out. Line my water line ans smoke it out with a pencil brush.Curl my lashes and apply a few coats of mascara for hold.
8. Last step for the eyes is to apply whispy eyelashes.
1. Apply a face primer all over the face to prevent your makeup from running and it also gives your skin a smooth finish because it fills in any pores, fine lines, or scars.
2. Now I’m going to apply a thin layer of my full coverage, illuminating foundation with a synthetic brush.
3. I’m also going to conceal my under eye circles and at the same time brighten up the face using concealer.
4. Set all the liquids and creams with powder by dusting it all over the face concentrating on the T-Zone.
5. Next, I’m going to add bronzer to the hallow part of my cheeks and also add a bit of blush to the apples of my cheeks for a bit of color.
6. Outline your lips with a pink lip liner.
7. Fill them in with a matching pink lipstick and you’re all done!
* You can also use a setting spray to lock this look in place all night long!*
Products Used in this video in order:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Candlelight Softly Illuminating Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade “Auburn”
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Leather 24hr “Deep Forest”
- MAC pressed Pigment ‘Beaming’
- Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix
- Make Up For Ever Glitter #11
- MAKE UP FOR EVER 224 Silicone Applicator
- L’Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Liquid eyeliner (similar)
- L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Pro Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara
- NP Pre-Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation “Sand Beige”
- Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer
- Clinique Translucent Powder
- Pop Beauty Double Duty Bronzer
- NYX Cosmetics Lip-pencil ‘Rose’
- Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick “Berry Berry”
Here’s another outfit that I put together that came straight from the hidden files in my closet. I never thought I would have so much fun shopping my wardrobe and re inventing certain pieces different ways and I guess that’s where the thrill comes from. I’m almost forced to get creative which I’ve noticed has helped me expand my style and really find my true self. It’s a beautiful feeling when you dress for yourself and let your clothes tell a story and/or express that days emotion.
Since what I’m wearing is not new, I’m going to link similar options down below. Thank for stopping by!
Pants:: Forever 21// Shoes:: ShoeMint// Bag:: Thrifted// Hat:: Forever 21// Bangle:: Target
Shop the trend!