Forever 21 just recently launched their new Premium Cosmetic line, which includes 30 different products ranging from skin care to brushes. Today I wanted to give you guys a brief overview of all the prices and shades available to go along with my new video of my “first” impression of this line. In the video I did a full face makeup application testing out all of the products that were sent to me to see how well they held up, the pigmentation, and a lot more initial thoughts. Watch below and see what products where hits and which one you should stay away from.
Face Makeup and Skin Care
- Matte Foundation $14.80 (Light, Medium, Tan)
- Luminizer $10.80 (24 Karat, Rose Gold)
- Blotting Powder $12.80
- Smoothing Face Balm $10.80
- Face Moisturizer $10.80
- Face Primer $10.80
- Liquid Foundation $14.80 (Light, Medium, Tan)
- Concealer Stick $10.80 (Light, Medium, Tan)
- Pressed Powder $12.80 (Light, Medium, Tan)
*Poor color selection when it comes to foundation, pressed powder and concealer. The shades are limited to three unrealistic skin tones. Even though I’m considered medium complexion, the “medium” is too light and the tan is too dark. For a foundation that’s worth $14.80, I would expect a higher quality formula and a larger variety of shades.
Highlighters and Blushes
- Highlighter Lotion $10.80
- Luminizer $10.80 (24 K, Rose Gold)
- Classic Blush $9.80 (Rose Petal, Coral Glow, Date Night)
- Shimmer Stick $10.80 (Champagne Pear, Rose Gold)
- Lip and Cheek Stain $10.80 (Peachy Cheeks, Country Club Pink, Flushed)
* From this section I would recommend the Luminizer in 24K. It gave my skin a healthy, dewy look and it’s not over the top shimmery. For lighter complexions I would go with Rose Gold. You can mix a 1 or 2 pumps of this product with your favorite foundation.
The mascaras is what I was the most disappointed in because it didn’t provide my lashes with any length or volume. The wands from both the Volume and Length mascara and the 2-in-1 priming mascaras are nicely shaped but I believe the formula is to blame. I am excited to test out the cream eye shadows though. I’m a huge fan of cream products because they are so easy to use and can be very forgivable. Great for beginners. I also love the wide range of colors provided. The gel eyeliner is great! Creamy, pigmented, and you get a good amount to last you 6-12 months.
I’m a fan of the lip products for sure. And if there’s anything you want to test and try from this line I think it should be the lipsticks and lip-glosses. They go on smoothly with a velvety finish. They are also very pigmented and true to color. There’s a larger variety of flattering shades from nudes to bolds in both the lipsticks and glosses.
- Foundation Cosmetic Brush $7.80
- Eyeliner Cosmetic Brush $4.80
- Powder Cosmetic Brush $7.80
- Blush Cosmetic Face Brush $7.80
- Brow Cosmetic Brush $4.80
- Eye Shadow Cosmetic Brush $4.80